Monday, September 22, 2008

Day 1: Rekindling my past excursions into House Music

Ah, the excursion begins 11:20pm on September 22, 2008. To say the least, I'm a bit excited how this blog takes off, maybe it will be a hit for a few electronic music heads out there, or maybe it's only purpose will be for my lonesome.

Enough with the intro's tho, lets get to the akshion.

In the past years electronic music has always been something I've had an eye out for, it always seemed like an amazing thing to be involved in. Being the Hip-hop head I am, I knew how a simple musical genre can rearrange and change your life beyond belief. To prove this all you'd have to do is look at my life projection. Before Hip-Hop: Unhealthy, TV/Video games/Radio nonstop, Ignoring self, Doing stupid things, etc. After Hip-Hop: Vegetarian, exercise, no idiot-box/whack radio, preservation of self, doing things for my future. See, what Hip-Hop brought to me was the knowledge of self, the love of life. What I look for in House/Electronic music is the fun aspect, the crazy dance like a muthaphucka element of life. Back to the story - my eye was always keen to anything I saw that was EDM related, so over at the DI.fm message boards I had stumbled across a House documentary post. Bear in mind when watching documentaries, there is a big difference when you already have knowledge of a genre and its orgin compared to when you watch a documentary and you are learning for the first time. I have watched this documentary about 4-5 times in total in the past years, and everytime I learn something that I didn't know, or remember from before. (This is due to my small knowledge in house music). So what I have here for yall is THE documentary that I watched years ago, that triggered the fire in me.

Part 1: Here
Part 2: Here2
Part 3: Here3

I will be re-watching it tonight, and early tommorow to begin my journey on the right foot. I am a believer in the element of knowing where you've been, to know where you're going. So knowing the history of things is important to me, thus which is why I continue to watch this over-and-over until its nailed in my head. For you big time house heads - What do you rate this documentary? Good representation?

Along with this documentary I will post my current favorite House track, Black Box - Ride On Time.

Black Box - Ride On Time: Ride On Time
(By the way, if anything is ever needed RE-UP'd just hit me up with a comment.

It's interesting to note that the song's name came to be because of their bad English. Haha.

Along with Ride on Time, a few more songs from the documentaries that really uplifted me were:

A Guy Called Gerald - Voodoo Ray: Voodoo Ray
Marshall Jefferson - Move your body: Move Your Body

Honestly, those are the only songs that I remember REALLY hitting me, I will now be re-watching it, and getting some more information/tunes, and hopefully can hit up the blog tommorow for Day 2 in the life and times of House music and me :).

Peace Peace Ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment