Monday, September 22, 2008

Welcome

Hello, if you've stumbled upon this blog, you have stumbled across my adventure throughout the genre known as House music. This blog will be a discussion point for anyone who is interested in my journey in learning electronic music, more specifically - House music. To begin, this blog will work as a calender of learning processes that I inquire throughout the genre. I will post songs that I really feel, for historic purposes of the genre, or for flat out being dope.

Some history of myself which should help the reader understand my situation: I'm 19 years old, just out of high school, planning on going to college in the future, as of right now? Grocery job paying something around $200 a week that I mainly spend on records. Speaking of records, that is why I am here in the blogosphere. Recently I purchased 2 Technic 1210 MK5 Direct drive turntables, a Rane TTM56 Mixer, and some other things to get going in the DJ world. I have been a long time underground/true-school hip hop advocate loving the sounds of J-live, Jazz addixx, KRS, Tribe called Quest, De La Soul, and others. I have very little understanding of electronic music past Ishkurs guide (http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/). But from what I've seen/heard, it's an amazing thing to be apart of.

Thus brings me to my journey, take a seat read up, hopefully you can learn a thing or two, as I know I will be blown away by the things I encounter throughout my House Journey.


PS. From time to time you will see other parts of EDM taking part of this blog, house is what has affected me the most early on in this genre, however I wouldn't put it past me to think this might end up in "Breaking down Trance," or something:).

Thanks for being here,
Ron.

No comments:

Post a Comment