After re-watching the documentaries (Well, Part 1 right now, other parts coming up later) giving on day one, I am seeing some direct relations between Hip-hop and House.
-Both started underground.
-Both had reporters leeching the fuck outta the music when it got big.
-While in Hip-hop a lot of the industry died of getting shot, while in house, instead of getting shot, it was drugs.
-Both originally at least, were meant to have a good time, dancing, etc.
-Both genres music production consist of manipulating vinyl, and diggin' for vinyl.
-Both are dope! haha
Anyway, with the history lesson outta the way, while searching for some songs I fell across this mix:
TRAVELLER: CHICAGO
GENRE: CHICAGO/ACID HOUSE
PRODUCTION EDITED
TIME 79.53 MINUTES
TRACKLIST
Bam Bam - Where’s your child?
Phuture - Acid Trax
Adonis - No Way Back
Phuture - Your Only Friend
Maurice - This Is Acid
Jungle Wonz - Bird In Guilded Cage
Robert Owens - Bringing Down The Walls
Frankie Knuckles - Bad Boy
Tyree - I Fear The Night
Chip E - Time To Jack
Hercules - 7 Ways
Adonis - The Poke
Tyree - Acid Over
Kevin Irving - Ride The Rythm
Marshall Jefferson - Move Your Body
Ralphie Rosario - You Used To Hold Me
Jamie Principle - Waiting On My Angel
Dez - Boom Boom
Lil Louis - French Kiss
Mr. Fingers -You Can Feel It
Steve ‘Silk’ Hurley - Jack Your Body
The DJ Fast Eddie - Can You Dance
Sleazy D - Lost Control
Wally Jump jr. - Turn Me Loose
Download here
I fell upon it looking for Chip E. - Time To Jack. God, I fucking love that tune.
Random download for day 2 is Acid Tracks by Phuture, download Here
That brings me to the first in a series of future reflections for the blog. What this is, is future questions that I want to be able to answer intelligently in terms of house music.
Future Reflection #1:
What the hell is the difference between sub-genres? In Ishkur's Guide he has tons of sub-genres of house. Someday in the future I will answer this question of what is the EXACT difference between them, and I want to be able to listen to a new house track and identify what sub genre it falls under.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment